Friday, February 8, 2013

Book Review

Lena Duchannes is unlike anyone the small Southern town of Gatlin has ever seen, and she's struggling to conceal her power and a curse that has haunted her family for generations. But even within the overgrown gardens, murky swamps and crumbling graveyards of the forgotten South, a secret cannot stay hidden forever.
Ethan Wate, who has been counting the months until he can escape from Gatlin, is haunted by dreams of a beautiful girl he has never met. When Lena moves into the town's oldest and most infamous plantation, Ethan is inexplicably drawn to her and determined to uncover the connection between them.
In a town with no surprises, one secret could change everything. This is what Beautiful Creatures is about and I found myself instantly drawn to this book by Kami Garcia, this had has never happen to me with any other book. And I was shoked when I start reading the book, it bored me at first.
Beautiful Creatures takes place in Gatlin, the most boring and unique town I had ever heard of. Once I got more into the book, I realized that is one of  a kind book.
Along the book Ethan finds himself fallen in Love with Lena, a girl who no one talk to, and someone who to everyone's eyes was a witch, but to Ethan she was a beautiful creature, and one of a kind. Even thought he did not know that there was a dark secret hidden in Lena's family, that not even Lena knew about.

No comments:

Post a Comment